
This photo was out of order----My college friend Megan and I at Old Chicago!

Sarah, Me, Megan and I posing at our booth at dinner. Megan and Sarah came to TC to visit me this summer. It's always fun to hang with these girlies!

Justin and his college friends: John, Clay, and Rob. We all went out to dinner on our last night in MT for a big feast. We'll miss these guys!

Last week Justin and I took a 6-day trip back to our "montana roots". We stayed in Bozeman for the majority of the trip, and Lavina for one night (for a wedding). There are many pictures in this post so please bear with us :) The above photo is from our first night in MT at our favorite pizza place- Colombo's. This place was right down the street from our house, and we often had dinners here.

Each time we go to Bozeman I have to walk the campus...just to say hello! It is always beautiful but always under construction. Many new building have gone up since I have been gone (2 years now!).

There's a first time for everything: we rented a car together! Now that we're old enough to rent cars, we did for this trip and it was a lifesaver! Kia's are not my favorite, but this little one sure did the job!

I went to lunch with my college friend Kami on our first day in Bozeman. We ate at this cute new place called WeeBee's. We sat on the rooftop patio and this was the view.....i love the mountains!

Here we are after enjoying a delicious BBQ pizza! (Me, Kami)

Justin took me up to Hyalite Reservoir (since I had never been in the summer). It was gorgeous and was the perfect Montana day. Sunny and clear!

This picture doesn't do Hyalite any justice...but it captures many reasons why we love Montana.

I think I just might frame this photo someday. The expanse you see when standing here is breathtaking!

We got to experience Music on Main while in Bozeman. Here is Justin with Rob (his former college rommate and friend) Rob was kind enough to provide his home for us to stay while we were visiting!

Another thing I love about Montana is that you can see all sorts of weather coming in before it hits you. A storm was brewing aver the mountains on this gray evening. The cloud formations are spectacular.

Justin and I went to dinner (and drinks) with Kami and her boyfriend Trent. It was a really good time hanging out with them! We ended up here at the Cat's Paw (a local sports bar).

It was raining pretty hard before we got to the Cat's Paw (thus, Justin's wet shirt). But we enjoyed the company of friends and 200 TV's :)

On Saturday August 15th our friend Levi was married here- at his ranch home in Lavina! This was the setting for his wedding. A simple Montana home wedding.

Justin is here with his good college buddies: Cory & Daron. Daron works for a radio station in Billings, MT. Cory is an entrepreneur currently living in L.A., but traveling all over the world. They all met while attending MSU.

Levi and Ann saying their vows! The wedding ceremony took place on Levi's back porch!

Here we are right after the wedding. As far as you can see...Levi's family owns all the land. 37,000 acres to be exact! Truly big sky country.

Rob, Justin, and Cory...you don't see these guys ALL dressed up very often, so pictures were necessary!

Justin and Levi- Justin met Levi freshman year at MSU. A friendship 7 years in the making! Justin was SO happy to be reunited with all his college buddies.

This was their wedding cake- very delicious too I might add. Levi's family owns the 2nd largest sheep ranch in Montana. Wowzers!

Walking to the barn for their reception! Probably the shortest distance I have traveled between wedding and reception!

This is where the reception was held- in the sheep barn! It was so classic, and so "western". We loved it!!

People parked everywhere for the wedding. It was so informal, and so refreshing. Everyone is family here!

Daron and Justin- Daron was the DJ for the wedding and did a fabulous job!

If you look closely you can see Justin and I dancing!

Daron's facial expressions are priceless :)



I stepped behind the DJ mixer boards to snap this shot with Daron. He's such a hilarious person, we love him!

This group shot sums up the night. Great friends, good food, and lots of laughter. It was one of the best nights Justin and I have had in a long time.

Peering inside the reception barn, it was all lit up. It was a cozy, hometown Montana wedding! Yeehaw!
1 comment:
Love all the pics, looks like you guys had a great trip! You can literally see my parents' house from WeeBee's. How was the food there???
Post a Comment