I have been slacking on the "news" part of my blog by posting mostly pictures- so I will update you now on what's been happening in our world as of late.
Justin and I have been house hunting vigorously for the past few weeks. We have been approved at every bank we've gone to for loans. We hired a Realtor from Greenridge Realty here in town (recommended by my uncle Bob who is a Realtor as well). Her name is Hannah and so far she has been very good at what she does. Very down to earth, and knows that we want something affordable. After all, the houses selling right now are priced well......and at a rate we can afford. We've probably seen over 12 houses by now- put an offer on one (battled with him a little too) that didn't go through because the seller would only take TOP dollar. It was a perfect house, but it was not meant to be. We have yet to place an offer on another. I am learning that this process is sort of like bartering, only more stressful. I have learned a lot about mortgages, insurance, foreclosures (do NOT go for one of these), and closing costs (WOW). We are still on the hunt!! Determined to score our $8k by the end of the year (tax incentive). It feels very cool to be going through this very "grown up" process. Justin and I are so excited to be new homeowners before the end of the year!
Summer classes are OVER!!! This means I now have only my counseling practicum to do this fall- one day a week in Grand Rapids for 15 weeks. I am counseling court-mandated clients. Missing one day of work a week won't hurt me too much- plus I'm gaining so much great experience doing what I've been going to school for! Justin began his schooling at Davenport University in July! He is taking online courses until Fall semester. He will then be in the classroom at the University Center(where i've been going) all year. He is projecting one year of schooling to be finished FOR GOOD! Whoo hoo!!
Wedding planning has been slow lately....but it has just picked up again! While my sister Lindsey was home for 2 weeks we looked at invitations. No trying on of dresses just yet. Somehow my ice cream, cotton candy, and hot dog binges haven't been helpful with keeping my "girlish" figure. I shall begin the search this fall. We are planning a "girls trip" to SEATTLE for thanksgiving this year!!!! Mom, me, Lindsey, and barb (Justin's mom) will be hitting the town for 4 days in search of wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and mother of the groom wear. We are SO excited! I have yet to book a photographer (an annoyance of mine currently). We are studying the guest list (adding and subtracting people), planning the menus for the rehearsal dinner and reception. It' s so much fun!
As most of you know my sister Lindsey was home for 2 weeks. She hadn't been home for 9 months! It was great having her here....and being sisters again :) We did SO much in 2 weeks. Farmers market, boating, fishing, Moomer's ice cream...a lot, Friday Night Lives, eating out ALOT, sunning, grilling out......you name it. It's easier saying goodbye this time because she and Rob will be back for GOOD in October.
Until next week....I will say goodbye. I will be posting many Montana pictures because Justin and I are going on a 6-day vacation to Bozeman tomorrow! We are attending a good friends wedding in Lavina on a sheep ranch. Yeehaw! It will be great to see old friends and get back to our "roots". Each time we go back, the "bug" becomes more evident in us....it is definitely our home away from home.
Justin and I have been house hunting vigorously for the past few weeks. We have been approved at every bank we've gone to for loans. We hired a Realtor from Greenridge Realty here in town (recommended by my uncle Bob who is a Realtor as well). Her name is Hannah and so far she has been very good at what she does. Very down to earth, and knows that we want something affordable. After all, the houses selling right now are priced well......and at a rate we can afford. We've probably seen over 12 houses by now- put an offer on one (battled with him a little too) that didn't go through because the seller would only take TOP dollar. It was a perfect house, but it was not meant to be. We have yet to place an offer on another. I am learning that this process is sort of like bartering, only more stressful. I have learned a lot about mortgages, insurance, foreclosures (do NOT go for one of these), and closing costs (WOW). We are still on the hunt!! Determined to score our $8k by the end of the year (tax incentive). It feels very cool to be going through this very "grown up" process. Justin and I are so excited to be new homeowners before the end of the year!
Summer classes are OVER!!! This means I now have only my counseling practicum to do this fall- one day a week in Grand Rapids for 15 weeks. I am counseling court-mandated clients. Missing one day of work a week won't hurt me too much- plus I'm gaining so much great experience doing what I've been going to school for! Justin began his schooling at Davenport University in July! He is taking online courses until Fall semester. He will then be in the classroom at the University Center(where i've been going) all year. He is projecting one year of schooling to be finished FOR GOOD! Whoo hoo!!
Wedding planning has been slow lately....but it has just picked up again! While my sister Lindsey was home for 2 weeks we looked at invitations. No trying on of dresses just yet. Somehow my ice cream, cotton candy, and hot dog binges haven't been helpful with keeping my "girlish" figure. I shall begin the search this fall. We are planning a "girls trip" to SEATTLE for thanksgiving this year!!!! Mom, me, Lindsey, and barb (Justin's mom) will be hitting the town for 4 days in search of wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and mother of the groom wear. We are SO excited! I have yet to book a photographer (an annoyance of mine currently). We are studying the guest list (adding and subtracting people), planning the menus for the rehearsal dinner and reception. It' s so much fun!
As most of you know my sister Lindsey was home for 2 weeks. She hadn't been home for 9 months! It was great having her here....and being sisters again :) We did SO much in 2 weeks. Farmers market, boating, fishing, Moomer's ice cream...a lot, Friday Night Lives, eating out ALOT, sunning, grilling out......you name it. It's easier saying goodbye this time because she and Rob will be back for GOOD in October.
Until next week....I will say goodbye. I will be posting many Montana pictures because Justin and I are going on a 6-day vacation to Bozeman tomorrow! We are attending a good friends wedding in Lavina on a sheep ranch. Yeehaw! It will be great to see old friends and get back to our "roots". Each time we go back, the "bug" becomes more evident in us....it is definitely our home away from home.
No comments:
Post a Comment