Wednesday, January 20, 2010

3 week hiatus is over!

First I want to give a small update over the past 3 weeks of our lives....in a nutshell. My last day at my law office job was January 8th. It was sad for me to leave an office full of good people (all 3 of them). I had a great run there, for exactly one year it was a great job. Flexible, easy going, educational, fun, and really hilarious at times. My co-worker whom I adore (Lori) was one of the best co-workers I have ever had. She was the reason work was so much fun, and I already miss her humor and quick wit. But I have moved onto bigger things: I began my Counseling internship at Leland Public Schools on the 11th of January!!! I'm in my LAST stage of my Masters program!!! Graduation-bound on May 1st!!
I have been learning the ropes at the school and already began seeing students in my "office". I actually have my OWN office!!! The school is K-12 and really fun so far. There's so much I can do there, and really feel as if i'm helping for the greater good. I love the kids already and love the 8:00-4:00 days!! I will say, I do miss carpooling with Justin to work.....and eating lunch in the teachers lounge isn't the same as eating with Justin (sigh). BUT...we're getting along just fine with our new changes. With almost 2 weeks under my belt, these next 13 weeks will fly by!
Justin on the other hand has been doing his daily grind of working at IWM. He still loves it and it has been a great learning experience for him. He began his 7-week classes at Davenport again, and is always busy with online homeworks. The joys of being a college student :)


This past weekend we took a trip down to Big Rapids with Kim & Adam for some Ferris State Hockey! They played Miami of Ohio. Before the game Adam (who is a Ferris Alum) took us to this neat burger joint that had AMAZING burgers. We chowed down before heading to the game.
Ferris played Miami of Ohio (2nd in the state). Ferris lost 3-2.

Justin and I had a good time anyway, we love hockey any way we can get it! A mini get-away down to BR was nice too. We actually saw the sun shine on our drive down!!! Shocking in these parts of Michigan in January. Can we say seasonal-affect-disorder!?


Justin got a double dose of Hockey- Adam had FREE tickets to the Red Wing Vs. Blackhawks game!!! He got to experience "The Joe". He said it was amazing, and he LOVED it! He got to see a great game full of goals, fights, overtime, and a shootout!! The wings ended up losing 3-4. He even sported my Wings jersey and made me proud :) I have been to 3 Wings games, and there TRULY is nothing like it. The rink is energized, and makes you want to scream the whole time! Seeing hockey greats in person is a spiritual experience.



One of the fights (above) was captured! Fights make hockey exciting, regardless of how you feel about grown men throwing around their weight. It gets you jazzed up! While Justin was at the game, I was at Kim's watching the game on TV. We spent the day together cooking, and sipping wine while the game was on. The guys showed up around 8:30pm (a long 4 hour drive from Detroit). It was a great weekend full of my favorite sport :)




No comments: