Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Montana Roots

During the week of Cherry Festival my good friend Megan from Montana came to visit! She and I went to MSU together for 3 1/2 years. We had many classes together and had a lot of fun. She had never been to Michigan before, so I played tour guide for a day! I took her straight to the beach to feel Michigan sand....she's used to rock.
We spent the day basking on the beach and playing in the water. By evening we were ready for some cocktails! I took Megan to Firefly where Thursdays are 1/2 off Martini nights! We also shared some delicious appetizers including calamari and various dips :)
Megan's two friends came along-Sara and Alissa. They were a riot! Thankfully Justin was "man enough" to withstand all the estrogen for an evening (and took this picture). We had a great time sharing stories and sipping on cosmopolitans!
It was safe to say Justin was thoroughly entertained by us ladies. He enjoyed hanging out with 4 women :)
The beverage tent was the last stop for the evening. I took Megan there to get a $5 drink and an elephant ear (she had never eaten one before!). She enjoyed all that Traverse City had to offer. I'm pretty sure she will be back next summer :) There was ALOT she missed in the 3 short days she was here. I was so happy to have her here, and so excited to see her again in 3 weeks when we head out to Montana!

No comments: