Sunday, June 21, 2009

A little news update!

According to my "knot ticker" Justin and I have 405 days left til the wedding! I can't help but feel its almost too far away right now. I know one year can fly by in a flash...but 405 days!? We have a lot to do before then such as....getting a house!!! We have begun the search. My uncle thankfully is a realtor and know his stuff. The first thing we need to do is get to a bank and discuss loans....eeeks! This could be a stressful process, yet a really fun one too!
In other news....Justin has officially been accepted to Davenport University!! This is a big thing for us since DU is located at the University Center (where I go to school). No big traveling is required for him to receive his Business Finance degree! They advisors told him he has about one year of classes, and then hes done!!! Luckily DU took almost 75 of Justins hard-earned MSU credits! A very good thing. He is ready to hit the books and get started. Classes begin again July 6th- so he can opt for the two offered online or begin full time in the fall. The nice thing is they offer 7-week sessions. So you get double the classes in one year!
Justin and I have spent some time hanging out with friends recently. On Wednesday of last week my good friend Matt from high school let me know he'd be in town with his girlfriend and wanted to get together! Matt just graduated from Medical School and is moving on to 5 years of residency in a hospital in California! He and I have been staying in touch since high school (though living so far apart) so we manage to meet up once or twice a year. The four of us grabbed a coffee and hung out. Caught up with each other and laughed a lot. We always have a good time with them. (sorry no pics this time)
Friday night we went over to my friend Rachelle's house for an official "summer" bonfire! We had hot dogs and s'mores over the fire! It had been a while since we had all gotten together. It was fun mingling with friends and being able to sit outside all night! Rachelle just got engaged yesterday to her boyfriend Jeremy! Now the two of us will be planning summer weddings!
My grandparents were here for a few days last week. It was good spending time with them since it had been so long since we last saw them. My grandma was raving about my ring and reading me all my wedding planning books :) Such fun. It's nice to be around people who are genuinely happy for us and want to see us achieve great things. I think once we have our own place, I will feel we are truly an engaged couple. Who knows though, it may not happen until we're married! I've just been feeling this itch to do more planning...or house hunting. Perhaps the fact we're living with my parents still makes me feel "too young". We are lucky, and grateful to be here....yet feel the need to be on our own.
Yesterday was Ellie Clous' 1st birthday!! Ellie is my good friend Kaytlyn's daughter. She had a big birthday bash for her yesterday out by Arbutus Lake. The weather was perfect! Justin and I had a good time talking with my good friend Amy and her Husband. She now has two little ones....which is always fun to see. I got to hold her 3 month old boy, Lucas! I've never seen so much hair on a baby in my life!! It was a good day to relax in the sun and watch babies rip into gifts, and cake :) No pictures again....I need to do a better job of this!

No comments: