Saturday, June 27, 2009

Heat break

Happy Saturday! Yes, I am up way too early on a Saturday (6am) but I peered out my bedroom window to see a gorgeous sunrise and HAD to get a photo! I ran outside to get the paper and got the tail-end of it...but it was still pretty beautiful! Orange and blue skies. Time to crank out the coffee...
News updates: 399 days until wedded bliss :) Yes that's right. We still have YET to sign any contract with the venue "coordinators". Getting slightly irritated about that. Let's just hope they don't go giving away our date or anything! No more planning has been done since my last posting. Magazines are stacking up, so I might need to actually begin ripping out pages to use as ideas.
The heat wave is officially over...for now. Last week's temperatures broke records! Monday we reached 95*! The humidity made it unbearable to be outside. My lunch hours usually consist of walking to the marina to bask in the sun while eating my lunch....not this week! The mugginess, and pure heat was too much to handle for most folk. Justin and I have been biking down to the boat launch located about a mile from home, and swimming in East Bay to cool off. It has been so refreshing! Unfortunately the heat ends this weekend. Next week we are due for rain and high 60's all week. Go figure.
I have to mention Michael Jackson's death. I will admit, I was shocked and a little sad when I heard the news. MJ was my very first crush (i think) when i was really young. Maybe not so much "crush" as "inspiration" and pure "coolness". There was something about him people liked, and his music was the most amazing an artist could ever hope for. He got very weird towards the end, and I didn't support many things about his life (Nerverland, and little kids as friends) but nonetheless....he was probably the most iconic figure in my generation. It's sad to see him go. The first CD I ever bought was his. While I do think the media has taken his death to new extremes (there are other news stories), I can understand why people are so interested. Like Elvis, I think he will live forever.
Last night Justin and I had "date night". We went to go see The Hangover! Everyone had been raving about it.....so we bit the bullet, paid the $17.50 (for two) and witnessed hilarity for ourselves. It's a must see! I will not give anything away but....it's amazing! So many things in the movie could ACTUALLY happen to someone (which makes it a guilty pleasure). We don't see movies often (hence, the price) but this was great. And a great way to spend time in air-conditioning :) Though we DID have to tell the theatre attendants to turn the volume UP 20 minutes into the movie...it was worth it. Go see it!

No comments: