Sunday, May 17, 2009

ITS OFFICIAL!!


It's officialy everyone....Justin and I are ENGAGED!!! After 6 1/2 years of dating, he finally popped the question on May 12th 2009! It started by Justin picking me up after work and taking me to the dunes in Glen Arbor...where he asked me. We first at dinner at Boone Docks, where our friendship/relationship began about 8 years ago. This is a picture of Justin right before our dinner was served....does he lookg nervous?!

This picture is special because literally 30 seconds after we took this....Justin got on his knee and proposed :)


The dunes are our special spot. We make it a point to come here at least once every summer to bask in the sun, watch the sunset, and take lots of pictures! Little did I know I was already documenting my engagement taking place! Justin is carrying a pink beach bag....he would NOT let me carry it up the dunes (the ring was in it, along with the champagne) Haha.



This was taken immediately after dinner....making our way up to the dune area.




This is our first photo as an engaged couple!! There was no sunset, but the ring on my finger sufficed :)





This was taken a few minutes after Justin proposed. We wrote our initials and date of engagement in the sand! I was SO excited!!






This is my ring! I picked it out back in February-when Justin took me for the first time to look at rings together. He did a VERY nice job....don't you think? Sooooo beautiful!!!







This was one of my favorite pictures along the dunes. It was completely untouched...until Justin walked through. But it was amazing...the wind lines through the sand and how barren and deserted everything looked. It was as if we were the first people to discover it! Love it.








I love Michigan for this reason alone. The incredible color of the lake, the sun shining through it and spilling over the landscape. It was windy on this night- you can even see the wind whipping the lake surface. This was definitely a night I will never forget. I am very glad I love taking pictures, and could document my own engagement!! Justin and I are so excited to plan our wedding together..... and enjoy being engaged <3 5-12-09









1 comment:

Unknown said...

congratulation on the engagement! where is the wedding? need a photographer?

www.GlacierWeddings.com

Craig
(one of Pat and Randi's photo friends)